Orthodontic treatment does so much more than create beautiful smiles. Orthodontics creates better dental health!
Benefits of orthodontic treatment include:
- Improved appearance
- Better self esteem
- Better long term dental health
- Improved ability to clean and care for teeth
- Reduced risk of injury to poorly positioned or protruded teeth
- Better chewing function and less wear
- Improved tooth position for more attractive crowns and veneers
Who should see Dr. Jue?
Dr. Howard Jue can improve smiles at any age, but there is usually a best time for treatment to begin. An early examination allows Dr. Jue to determine how and when a child’s particular problem should be treated for maximum improvement and with the least time and expense. Both Dr. Jue and the American Association of Orthodontists recommend an initial exam at age 7.
Braces are not just for kids though. Currently 20% of orthodontic patients are adults. As people enjoy longer and healthier lives, patients in their 60’s, 70’s and even 80’s are experiencing the benefits of orthodontic treatment! So it is really never too late!
You should consult with us if you or your child have any of the following conditions:
- Finger or thumb sucking habits
- Upper front teeth that protrude (“buck teeth”)
- Upper front teeth that overlap and hide most of the lower teeth when biting (deep bite)
- Upper front teeth that are behind or inside the lower front teeth (under bite)
- Upper and lower front that teeth don’t touch when biting (open bite)
- Crowded or overlapped teeth
- The center of the upper and lower teeth do not line up or the jaw shifts to one side when biting together
- Uneven or excessive tooth wear
- Spaces between the teeth
- Missing teeth, or teeth that are not able to come into the proper position
To schedule a complimentary visit and to learn about the benefits of treatment, please call us at: 425-776-0124 or visit our contact page.